Five Reasons to
1. Feedback from the "silent
- Feedback is most often received
voluntarily from customers that are very pleased or very unhappy
with your products or services. The majority of customers
tend to fall between these two extremes.
- Surveys provide a forum for this
"silent majority" to express their opinions.
2. Identifying problems - Solving
- Customer's perspectives are
different from owners or employees.
- Customers might identify problem
areas you do not realize exist.
- Asking customers how they would
solve a problem might lead to solutions previously not
3. Evaluating new ideas
- Customer's opinions are very
important when evaluating whether to make changes in your
4. It says you care to listen
- Taking action on survey feedback
sends a message to your customers that you care to listen and
take their opinions seriously.
5. Effective advertising material
- Favourable survey results quoted
in advertisements grab peoples attention.